Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yes, its that time of the year again when all card companies and chocolate makers see their wallets get fatter. Some people don't like valentine's day, I however am not one of those people. I enjoy all the pretty red and pink hearts and the thought of a special day set aside for love and romance. Not that any day of the year couldn't be a day of love and romance...but you get my meaning.

This year my valentine's day started with getting up early (no sleeping in this Saturday) and heading out to help unload trucks of Girl Scout cookies. Oh boy did you say...well before I went my husband put a smile on my face. Now get your mind out of the gutter, he was very sneaky this year and managed to go out and purchase a lovely valentine's gift. I was touched and the thought of him getting me a gift...because he couldn't keep the secret he told me on Thursday that he bought me something. But when he handed me the little bag with the red wrapped box, I was thrilled, I couldn't get the paper open fast enough. Once the paper had been discarded and the smaller box was taken out of the larger box, I had a moment of breathlessness. Inside the smaller box was a perfect pair of diamond earrings. I was in shock and Jim says that even my jaw dropped when I saw them. I am so grateful that my husband is such a thoughtful and romantic man after all these years. I am truly a very luck girl!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: