Monday, January 26, 2009

Finding my green thumb

I have become a plant person lately. It started with just having one umbrella tree in the living room, then a friend started a Christmas cactus for me. That got me thinking that we needed a plant on the floor in the corner of the living room which lead me to purchasing a fig tree. Now I am one the hunt for an African violet. So far no luck in finding one, but I won't give up! Jim thinks its funny that I have names for the plants. The umbrella tree is Wilma, fig tree is Betty and the Christmas cactus is Lucy....yep that's right when I get the violet it will be known as Ethel! I will be sure to post updates on the African violet search....maybe I will luck out this weekend and find one when I head to Home Depot. :)

I would love to have a house that had a nice sun room that I could devote time in growing beautiful plants and flowers. I would really like to grow orchids, but I think they need a home that has an even temperature and that is so not our house right now. I would also enjoy have a large garden full of veggies and flowers. The little garden area we have is nice, but there really isn't space to grow much. I intend to give our garden another shot this summer. Know for sure that we will grow pumpkins again, but undecided as to what else. I still have plenty of time to figure it out.


1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I haven't been able to find African Violets anywhere lately! Thanks for updating. :)