Friday, November 07, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone doesn't show up when they say they will. A week ago I agreed to cut fleece blankets for my girl scout troop for the Linus project. One of the other parents said they would drop off the fleece Monday so I would have all week to get the 5 blankets cut. The parent was a no show until 9 p.m. on Wednesday night. Now being a person of my word, I spent all evening and most of today getting the blankets cut and ready for the girls to finish at the meeting this afternoon.

Why is it so hard for people to follow through with what they volunteer for. In my opinion if you can't do what you say, then don't volunteer.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

That is so frustrating!

Although I admit to being guilty of doing similar things, too. We want to help, even if life interferes.

Did Hannah like the Brownie hat I sent?